Into The Distance : Tribute To Richard Wright
On September, 15th 2008, a friend of mine told me something I didn't believe at first : "Richard Wright died".
It was really hard for me as I really love Pink Floyd and especially the touch Rick gave to the band with his beautiful piano and organ parts and pieces.
Naturally, I chose to compose a track dedicated to this amazing musician, which I did in a few days, but this concept album came to my mind a few weeks after the basis track had been composed, at first it was only meant to be a single short track, but speaking about it with my friend Julien Nicolas gave me much more ideas and led me to this album concept.
- The Concept
The concept is revolutionnary : you are able to choose what you want to listen and what you want to watch.
I have recorded a basis audio track, and then made 3 additional audio layers :
- Acoustic Drums ;
- Guitar & Synthesizer Soli ;
Then, with my friend Julien Nicolas, I have worked on a few video clips (studio, nature...).
You can choose which audio parts you want to listen and with which video clip you want to watch it
I would like to thank the following persons for their help :
- Julien Nicolas, thanks to whom I had the idea to developp this single track into a whole video project, and for the vocals recording ;
- Arnaud Demion, for the wonderful acoustic drums part he composed for the track and for having played the guitar solo ;
- Jean-Pierre Malbec, for the help he gave me writing the lyrics, and for the vocals recording ;
- Gertjan Ronner, for the breath-taking cover artwork ;
- Jip Postma, for the mixing tips.
Download / Releases
You can hear a short extract in the pop-up player you can find on the homepage of this website :
The Acoustic Drums Mix is featured on the Compil Radio Equinoxe II !
A promo videoclip is to be released anytime soon.
A release of the concept album is to come.
blog comments powered by Disqus